0% financing to modernize your HP equipment
- Eligible equipment is HP Personal Systems
- Associated ancillary devices (keyboard/mice/dock etc)
- This is a 3-year Fair Market Value/Opex lease offering at the end of term you can return/upgrade, purchase or extend the term
- Services & Software’ can be included at the appropriate rates (not 0%)
- Minimum of $5,000 per new agreement (new hardware, services or a combination of both)
- Accelerate your IT priorities
- Avoid increased maintenance and operating costs from aging IT
- Do more, preserve cash with flexible monthly payment options
- Gain the flexibility to upgrade or expand on your terms
What defines the replacement lifecycle of computers?
There are several contributing factors:
- Risk – from the original date of manufacture, all the major hardware vendors provide access to individual components (motherboards, memory modules, hard drives) to a maximum of 5 years.
After the 5 years there is no guarantee of the availability of those components.
- Cost – even prior to the 5 years from original manufacturer, there can be an associated cost of parts if outside the original warranty (typically either 1 or 3 years).
Typically, the greater the period from the date of manufacture, the greater the potential cost.
Once beyond the initial 5 years, scarcity can also drive up cost.
- Performance – it is generally accepted that computers slow as they get older.
The rule of thumb for Desktop computers is that after 3 years there will be some performance issues and this typically increases in Years 4-5.
With laptops, this is often reduced to years 3-4 when performance issues become noticeably worse.
Our recommendation is that all devices be replaced every 4 years under an Operating Lease – 4 years provides a middle ground where performance is becoming an issue but not a frustration.
From a financial perspective – the computers will have been typically depreciated to $0 book value after 3 years, so an additional year provides some extra value.
The only choice then is to find an acceptable Operating Lease Partner that had a commercially viable rate – HP Global Financial Services are that partner.
- Compatibility of Operating Software and applications - as the amount and capability of applications continues to increase, the demands on the hardware/software can increase which can drive earlier replacement.
For further information or assistance please contact one of the BlueBerry Bunch
Browse by Date
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
#GigatownNSN ACN Allan Apple Basketball Blenheim Blueberry IT BlueBerryMax Broadband Business BYOD BYOT cake CBD Chamber of Commerce Chocolate Velvet CIO Magazine Cloud Cloud Office365 Champion Clutter Communications Connect_Smart Data digital tuatara ngati koata iwi e-town Fibre G.I ANT HP HP Gold Partner IaaS Internet iPad IT IT_Security iwi Management Microsoft Mobility Monitoring Nelson Nelson Giants Networking new building C&F Legal NZ Entrepreneur Office Office Office 365 Cloud Google Docs Office365 PaaS Partners Partnerships Patching performance productivity SaaS Skype SMART Solid State Drive SSD Study Nelson Support Tablet tablet PC UFB UltraFast Broadband welcome Windows 10 Windows 8 Windows XP Windows XP Support expires 2014